Tuesday, April 15, 2014

8-13 April

Isaiah 55 : 9 -12 :  

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth, and making it bud and flourish, so it will yield seeds for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.”

I realized how true these words were to me during the week. My heart is joyful and I was led forth in peace by God.

The journey has never been so joyful to me as I continue to “plough the field”. The grounds are softer now and I can see more buy-ins.  Indeed the brain won’t change if there is no buy-ins.

Brain-based learning strike a chord among the teachers who attended the 1 hour  session. I was pleasantly surprised when Mr Santhosh came up to me after the session to share with me about the brain-based learning. He didn’t look “friendly” to me when I first came to RHSS. It was at that moment that i realised that there were so many talents in RHSS, waiting for the right avenues to share.

Mr Pradeep, the English teacher gave me a smile and told me he enjoyed my session though this was his 1st PD session. Ms Anju and Mdm Sita copied my videos from the teacher’s sharing folder immediately after my session because they wanted to view it again.

What an encouragement !!

I knew empowerment and creating a win-win among the HODs is the way to bring the school to a higher notch.

I learned to create a safe space for the HODs to share, The environment was cordial and it opened up new avenues for discussion. I encouraged Mdm Budhawanti to consider working with the 2 APs to bring the HODs together. They will be a very powerful team.

I met Lorrie during the week to catch up. Somehow we just “clicked”!! We shared a lot in common and I hope she will come to school to serve as a counselor. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there is an English church in Thimphu. I never thought I will be able to find a church here. I am able to celebrate my Easter now!!

I invited Anne to come along with me. I was pleasantly surprised that Pradeep and Anand also worship at the same church. It was amazing how God works!!
I had a great time and I even acquainted myself with the Japanese couple there. Now I can “force” myself to converse with my new Japanese friends.

This week marked the end of the scout leader training course. It was thrilling to see my colleagues putting on the scarf and all ready to serve as scout masters and mistresses.  

Recognition is indeed very important to the Bhutanese. Or rather, I may say it is human nature that everyone desires to be recognized for their effort. At the church, Pradeep even showed me a certificate of recognition for his teaching at Indian school in 2011-2012. 

I will continue to go where God leads because I know that He has a purpose for me wherever I go. I am not lonely here because He has brought so many angels to me.

As I continue the week with 3 days without water, I learn to appreciate every single drop of water now. Whenever there is water in the house, I will make sure I do my laundry and collect water for the next day. In this way, I will never be caught a day without water.

We must never take anything for granted, especially the simple luxury we have in Singapore.

God is good all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment